Join us for the
2022 Seafood & Wine Festival Celebration Series
February 24-27, 2022
We are looking forward to bringing you, your family, and friends to Newport during the Festival weekend on February 24th - 27th, 2022 to celebrate all things Newport, seafood, and wine in the safest way possible.
While gathering under the large white tent elbow to elbow is not possible, we hope you will join us for a three-part series of celebrations. You'll be able to participate in one or all ways.
#1 Newport Seafood & Wine To Go Festival:
The Newport Seafood & Wine To Go Festival marks the special Seafood & Wine addition that will then move into a quarterly wine club pickup. During the Festival weekend, we will offer 6 boxes with 3 bottles of wine each:
- Unique Oregon Wines - Zerba Cellars Granache, Trella Vineyards Gruner Veltliner, and D'Anu Sangiovese
- Oregon Sparkling Wines - Chateau Bianca Wetzel Estate Cuvee Blanc, Trella Vineyards Sparkling Il Pavone, and Varnum Vintners 2019 Brut Rose
- Pinot Experience - J. Scott Cellars Oregon Pinot Noir, Bluebird Hill Cellars 2018 Pinot Noir, and Chris James Cellars 2016 Pinot Noir
- Que Syrah Syrah - Zerba Cellars Syrah, Stone Griffon Syrah, and Chris James Cellars 2018 Syrah
- Top Seafood Wines - Season Cellars Transparency Semi-sparkling, Garibaldi Annie Cuvee Bianca, and Macindoe Family Cellars Melon de Bourgogne
- Dessert Wines - Flourishing Palm Cellars Port, Territorial Vineyards Dessert Muscat, and J Scott Cellars Dessert Reisling
Additional purchases to enhance your seafood and wine experience include:
- Local Ocean DockBox Seafood Sampler
- Local Ocean DockBox Ultimate Seafood Experience
- Mo's Chowder Slumgullion Kit
- Mo's Canonball Chowder
- Chubby Lil Mermaid Sweet's Box
Each box will come with a Zoom link specific to that box that will feature three winemakers who will talk about the aging process, tasting notes, growing information, and pairing notes. Boxes are available to purchase at www.seafoodandwine.com. Wine Box pickups will be scheduled February 24th - 26th at the Newport Chamber of Commerce.
#2 Newport Seafood & Wine Festival Tasting Trail
The Newport Seafood & Wine Festival Tasting Trail Passport will send you on a tasting trail through Newport, February 24th - 27th. The free Passport will map out participating restaurants and retail shops. Each listing on the Passport will present something special for you - discounts, shopping, and tasting experiences, and of course the best seafood dishes Newport has to offer.
You need to visit at least ten of the locations listed on the tasting trail during the Newport Seafood & Wine Festival weekend. Before leaving one of the locations, ask a staff person to stamp the box opposite the location visited on your Passport. Or, check-in electronically by tagging your photos on social media using #newportseafoodandwine.
At the end of the weekend, you'll turn in your stamped Passport to the Chamber or designated drop-off location listed on the back panel of your Passport or shown on your map during regular business hours. You will then be entered into a grand prize drawing for a "Deluxe Newport Vacation."
You must be 21 to participate in our Newport Seafood & Wine Festival Tasting Trail.
Stay tuned for the website with QR code scanning availability.
#3 Seafood & Wine Pairing Class
Friday, February 25th at 6:00 pm
Experience a Seafood & Wine Pairing Class with Chinook Winds Casino Resort Chef Michael Durham. Renowned Chef Michael will prepare signature seafood dishes that will pair perfectly with distinct wines as demonstrated by Andre Wetzel, winemaker at Chateau Bianca. Together they will talk about the types of seafoods and wine that pair just right and why.
Once you sign up, you will receive the ingredients and wine lists to pre-purchase. You then can cook and taste alongside the professionals.